The VSLD is a non-profit association of professional landscape designers in Virginia, dedicated to promoting the highest
standards of professional competence and education for landscape designers. We provide continuing education for our
members as well as statewide networking opportunities. The scholarship program is intended as an educational aid for a
qualified student who intends to pursue a career in Virginia as a landscape designer.
Deadline Date: April 30 (each year)
Scholarship Amount: $1000
A year membership to VSLD after graduation
ALL of the following items must be received to be considered:
- Applicant should be a college student enrolled in an associate degree program in horticulture pursuing a specialization in landscape design.
- Currently enrolled in a curriculum which includes landscape design courses.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Currently a resident of Virginia.
- Completed VSLD Scholarship Application with signature.
- Current college / university transcript.
- One-page cover letter describing your current studies and career objectives.
- Resume with work experience listed and names and contact information of at least 3 references.
- Letter of recommendation from your Horticulture Department Head or Landscape Design Instructor.
- All of the following items should be scans or snapshots attached to the online application