Annual VSLD Scholarship Competition
- Applicant should be a college student enrolled in an associate degree program in horticulture pursuing a specialization in landscape design.
- Must be currently enrolled in a curriculum which includes landscape design courses.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Resident of Virginia.
- Financial need may be a determining factor in the final decision.
ALL of the following items must be enclosed to complete your scholarship application:
- Completed VSLD Scholarship Application with signature
- Current college / university transcript
- One-page cover letter describing your current studies and career objectives
- Resume with work experience listed and names and contact information of at least 3 references
- Letter of recommendation from your Horticulture Department Head or Landscape Design Instructor.
$1000 to the attending school to pay for the required courses for the specialization in Landscape Design
A year’s membership to VSLD after graduation
Click Here for Online Application
Scholarship applications are current only for the academic year submitted. Failure to follow application instructions may result in your application being disqualified.
The scholarship program is intended as an educational aid for a qualified student who intends to pursue a career in Virginia as a landscape designer.
The VSLD is a non-profit association of professional landscape designers in Virginia, dedicated to promoting the highest standards of professional competence and education for landscape designers. We provide continuing education for our members as well as statewide networking opportunities.
Return completed application packet before March 31:
c/o 5483 Turkey Hill Trail
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
For questions or more information contact:
Carol Pilgrim, Scholarship Committee